If you’re being challenged with sales, it’s because you’ve been looking at the process of selling backwards.
It’s no wonder so many of us struggle with selling our services – especially if you are a heart-centered entrepreneur.
I have five tips that can dramatically change your sales paradigm and help you successfully sell your services.
Here we go…
Let’s start by taking a look at what selling ISN’T
- Selling isn’t about getting something from people
- Selling isn’t about convincing them to do something they don’t want to do
- Selling isn’t about you
So if Selling isn’t about convincing or manipulating people, what is it?
The word sell comes from an Old English word that means “to give”.
- So in the new paradigm, selling is about giving.
- In every sales conversation you have, selling is about giving:
- Your time, attention, and counsel
- Connecting with empathy and understanding
- Demonstrating value
The time you invest with your customer and the quality of your attention are crucial
- You can’t rush the process
- You gotta give people the time and space to examine their own needs and to see that the value you’re offering matches their need
- None of us like to be “sold” to. You know how that feels.
- What your customer needs from you is your expert guidance in an exploratory conversation about what they need.
Connecting with empathy and understanding is about being fully present
- In order to serve you really have to understand your customers frustrations, struggles and aspirations.
- You have to step into their shoes and move yourself out of the way.
- When you slow down to connect and listen to the customer’s needs you will be much more effective at recognizing those opportunities for adding value to their lives.
Selling isn’t about YOU
- It’s about your customer. They are sitting before you because they HOPE that your solution will solve their problem.
- If you can tap into that hope and help them see new possibilities you’ll be much more effective in the sales conversation.
At the end of the day, people come to you with the HOPE that you are the right person to help them.
The way you connect with your customer, your level of clarity about the value you’re offering, and your ability to co-create solutions in the sales conversation will help your customer see that their hope can be fulfilled in the value you’re offering.